Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Oggi e mercoledi, 27 marzo, 2013


Oof!

(I wrote that last night [Wednesday] when we got back... that was exactly how I felt. Now for a real entry...)

Okay. So my presentation did not bomb as massively as I thought it would. I really love "Teresa", and I really tried to explain it, but there is so much to discuss I could have spent hours talking about it. I just enjoyed it. 

Carley and I went out postcard mailing and rosary shopping and ice cream eating before a mini-retreat with a priest magically sent to Corinne by God (it happens often). Almost everyone who was going on the retreat was part of the Polski family- funny thing, too, because when we met with Fr. Juan, he brought us to a room a lot like Fr. Thaddeus brought us to and made us tea and cookies.

Of course.

We had Mass in a tiny chapel and he gave a brilliant homily about seeking the Cross. The image above the altar was a carving of Mary cradling the bread and wine. I thought it was a brilliant image [edit: it was completely unorthodox, modern with a very Gothic touch to it, but liturgically sound so far as I can reason]. Mary, by bringing us to her Son, is present in the celebration of the Eucharist in a way I've never considered before. A brilliant Holy Week reminder.

Blessed Mother, pray for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment