Friday, March 22, 2013

Oggi e venerdi, 22 marzo, 2013

Disaster "struck!"

Get it?

After our Latin midterm we set out for Castel Gandolfo, but the Piramide station was closed due to strike. Not wanting to waste the beautiful day, a few of [us] went to the park... and played on the teeter totter. (All the Italian grandmothers thought we were insane.) I'd never done it before! Philadelphia, you have one flaw, and that is a lack of teeter-totters.

Oh well.

We also started to read our Wilbur poems. I can tell "Teresa" is packed, but unpacking it will be a challenge. I am definitely a Wilbur fa; didn't think I'd say that last year. The beautiful changes, I guess.

(Okay, I'll stop with the puns.)

We made our way to St. Anthony the Abbot for pre-sanctified liturgy, which was beautiful, but also brought out the Roman Catholic in me. So many differences! The gated sanctuary gets me every time with Eastern churches. You should approach the altar reverently, but you should also approach the altar.

A beautiful choir, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment